This weekend, I moved the sewing machine to the living room. We also added a bookcase to my new sewing corner. Now I have room to store all my fabric and sewing gear. =)
I started on another Amish puzzle ball. This time, I made the pieces more narrow.
They are looking good so far. The machine sewing and stuffing was easy… Now I have to hand stitch the pieces together.
Two weekends ago, I made my first soaker, remember? The size was just right. Maybe very close to being too tight. So last weekend, I made two more soakers, xlarge. But they were too big. I should have just made the large, but I wasn’t really thinking… Anyways… Last night, armed with my new KAMsnaps, I converted one of those extra large soakers into a side snapping cover. I’ll be seeing if it fits at the next diaper change. =)
I can’t wait for the elastic to arrive… I’m excited to start working with my cotton fabrics. I’m kind of limited with what I can sew with fleece. And I only have three fleece colors… as you can already tell. hahhah! I also am excited for the terry material so I can make more wipes. My mom gave me a huge bag of scraps and they were all the shape and size of wipes. Now I have to borrow her serger too! =D heheh…